- Duration : 03 Days – 02 Nights
- Attraction : Cultural Sightseeing
- Tour area : Tana Toraja
- Grade : Easy
- Start – end : Makassar
Day 01 : Makassar City – Tana Toraja
- We will pick up you in Makassar hotel or airport as the appointment. And then, drive you to Tana Toraja, through the Bugisnese traditional villages, Fish ponds, Rice field and the beach along the road on your left side. And on the right side, there are beauty of karst stone, and the green of the rainforest.
- After driving about 4 hours, we will arrive in Pare Pare a large harbor town between Makassar and Rantepao.
- Having lunch at the local restaurant and also a time for the driver to take a rest.
- After lunch, a litle relax with a cup of coffee on the beach. Continue the driving up to Enrekang peak famous for Bukit Nona or Buntu Kabobong, a favorite place for the guest to having coffee or tea, with some traditional cake and also stop for toilete.
- After that continue the journey to reach Rantepao within 75 Km away.
- We will arrive in Rantepao in early afternoon. Check in at hotel in Rantepao. Free at leisure until the dinner at hotel.
Day 02 : Toraja Cultural Tour
Breakfast at hotel, we will begin our cultural tour today with visiting :
- Bulo traditional market, where we can see the local people selling all necessary thing for the daily life. But the most selling here is Buffalo and Pig, as the sacrifices animal for the funeral ceremony.
- Bori Parinding Megalithic,a location with many of large stone, standing here were using of the local people to tide the buffalo to sacrified.
- Pallawa traditional Village, as a one of the oldest village in Tana Toraja, within fiew of Tongkonan traditional houses and the rice barn and still a local people exist on the area.
- Mount Sesean, a highest point in Tana Toraja where we can see a greatest panorama of Rantepao, and surround also the beauty of rice terrace and the bamboo forest. A lunch break is mostly serve in this place.
- Lokomata stone grave, short driving after lunch to the place where we can see the huge stone, which is full of the grave.
- Return to Rantepao, with some photo stop for the natures beauty.
- Stop for Souvenir market in Rantepao within Torajan weaving cloth, Torajan Batiks, Torajan Sword where using for buffalo sacrifices, Torajan rings motif, Torajan statue.
- Afternoon return to hotel and free at leisure until your dinner time at local restaurant. Overnight.
# We will visit funeral ceremony at this second day, before going to visit another places.
Day 03 : Rantepao – Makassar
Early morning check out from hotel, and begin the last day tour in Tana Toraja with visiting :
- Kete’kesu, a traditional village within Tongkonan and rice barn protected by Unesco. At this village there is a one Tongkonan which is more than 700 hundreds years old. At the back side of this village we can find a hanging grave with the an the rack of wooden statue.
- Continue to Kambira, a place where local Torajan is burried the dead’s before teething baby in the hole of the trees.
- Suaya Royal Stone, a grave yard for the Royal Torajan Family.
- From here we go dawn directly to Makassar. Afternoon arrive in Makassar and we can transfer you to Makassar hotel or airport. End of services . Home Sweet home.
AC Car, Fuel, Driver
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Aqua, Coffee, Tea, Snacks
Soft drinks or Juice