:: Where the Megalithics shows !!
LORELINDU NATIONAL PARK, is a part of Sulawesi Wallacea lines, where the endemic of Flora and Fauna is found. Besoa Valley, and Bada Valley is a two main valley located in the park and famous for travelers to do a trekking and bird watching.
BADA VALLEY : Discovered in 1908, the Bada Valley megaliths, hidden in Central Sulawesi, are statues scattered all over an area next to Lore Lindu National Park. Located 15km South of Lore Lindu National Park, Bada Valley and its statues are crossed by Sungai Lariang, the river watering countless rice fields and about a dozen villages in the area
The Bada Valley lies in a relatively flat area, surrounded by hills, so the clouds that are held up on the hilltop that surround the valley presents dramatic scenery. Oftenly seen one part of the Bada Valley where the rain is falling, while the other part of the sun is sifting its light from behind a cloud.
In the middle of the Bada Valley flowing Lariang River, blend with the River Malei, so the flow of the Lariang River becomes more swift. Because this is the River Lariang used to be as a place of river rafting sport. In the middle of the Bada Valley itself the flow of the Lariang River is quite calm because the path is relatively flat.
TENTENA TOWN : Tentena is in North Pamona district in the regency of Poso, about 50 km south of regency capital Poso. Tentena located on the road between Ampana and Rantepao, on the northern shore of Lake Poso. The town itself could be easily overlooked if it were not for the number of guides and locals recommending it as a better option than Poso for an overnight stop.
WHAT TO DO
- Trekking, and Cultural
WHAT TO SEE
- Endemic Flora and Fauna as Tonkean Macaque, Satanic Nightjar, Eucalyptus wood, Ebony
Nowadays to reach Tentena town is getting easier after the small airport in Poso City at Kasiguncu operated by Indonesian Aerospace Company. From Poso to Tentena as a base town take about about 3 hours drive within good road condition. If you have more time from Tentena you can go dawn to Tana Toraja for 09 hours drive. Or go up to Ampana from 08 hours to crossing the Tomini bay for Togean Island. Even small town, but Tentena has all facilities you necessary ATM, Accommodation, Restaurant.
From Tentena, you can reach the Bada Valley in Lorelindu National park with 5 hours by Rambo Jeep. On arrival in the area there are a simple but comfort of tourism facilities. Anyway it's comfortable and sanitary standard of toilets, kitchen, water. Megalithic exploration, jungle trekking, and bird watching is an activities what you can do during the staying in the area.
Take about 2 or 3 days staying in the area will make you covered the highlights of the National Park.
At this Itinerary below as a simple Itinerary, we start the trip from Poso City actually Kasiguncu a small area located near by Poso, within Wings Air serve this route.
Attraction : Cultural & Trekking .
Tour area : Makassar - Poso - Tentena.
Duration : 05 Days / 04 Nights
Grade : Easy - Intermediate
Start – End : Makassar
DAY 01: MAKASSAR - POSO AIRPORT - TENTENA
- Breakfast at the hotel. And then drive for Poso at Kasiguncu airport. Flights about One and half hours. On arrival drive you by car to Tentena about 3 hours. On arrival check in at one of the cottage near by lake Poso. Afternoon short trip around lake Poso and Waterfalls.
DAY 02 : TENTENA – BADA VALLEY
- Breakfast at cottage, and drive you to Lorelindu National Park. On the way there are some possibly to do a trekking at Malei. Afternoon arrival check in at one of the accommodation the national park and visiting Palindo and Langke Bulawa megalithics. Lunch en - route by the team. DInner and overnight at losmen at the Valley of Bada.
DAY 03 : BADA VALLEY EXCURSION
- Breakfast at Losmen, start the trekking to visit Megalithic statue at Bada valley, looking for the local people make bark cloth, walk through grassland, rice terrace and beautiful traditional village. Lunch return to Losmen. Afternoon explore another site of Bada Valley. Return to homestay. Dinner. Overnight at Losmen.
DAY 04 : BADA VALLEY and SURROUNDINGS
- Bada valley is famous for many statues of megalithic stone and today trips is visiting the megalith area across the valley’s rice field panorama and grass land view. The Lariang river is passed by us through the swing bridge or local language called Jembatan Gantung.
DAY 05 : BOMBA – TENTENA
- After breakfast, we will drive + 5 – 6 hours to Tentena through the bumpy road, a bit off road adventure special in the rainy season. We might have time to visiting the Saluopa waterfall close to Tentena. Lunch at Poso lakeside restaurant. Check in the cottage. Afternoon visiting the twelve steps waterfalls famous as Saluopa waterfalls near by Tentena city. Take you to the hotel and end of service.
- All of our tour descriptions + Itinerary is a sample only and can change with or without prior notice.
- Our tour arrangement is based on tour plan which not on publish.
- We are happy to create a tour plan according to your budget, wishes and needs.