DISCOVER INDONESIA TOUR
Attraction : ECO TOURISM, CULTURE.
Tour area : Jawa - Bali - Sulawesi - Nusa Tenggara
Duration : 15 days / 14 nights
Grade : easy - Intermediate
Start / end : Jakarta
DAY 01 : ARRIVAL JAKARTA - HOTEL
- We meet on your arrival in Jakarta, check in to the hotel at the airport building. Our flight tomorrow departs early in the morning.
DAY 02 : JAKARTA - SEMARANG - PANGKALAN BUN - ORANGUTAN
- Early wake up call, and prepare the departure for our long journey in Indonesia. We are fly Jakarta to Semarang and then connect to Pangkalan Bun. Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport, we take you to Kumai to board on the boat. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden river boat about 6m by 2m with a roof which forms the upper deck where you can enjoy the view of the rain forest as it glides by. Our team The guide's team includes the boatman, a cook and expert guide. Lunch is served on the way to Tanjung Harapan, a rehabilitation center for orphaned orangutans, 2 hours away from Kumai. Here the playful and friendly baby orangutans are taught the first stages in fending themselves in the jungle. In the peaceful afternoon we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the monkeys along the riverside. Dinner and overnight on the boat. (L,D).
DAY 03 : ORANGUTAN EXPLORING
- Breakfast prepare by the team,and then sail by the klotok to travel up river for about 2 hours boating and then up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans are reintroduced into the rain forest. On the way stop at Pondok Tanguy, the rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans. At Camp Leakey we will have opportunity to trek into the rain forest with local expert guide and the forestry rangers to appreciate the flora as well as perhaps sighting wild orangutans, gibbons, macaques, and birds. Lunch provided on boat. Afternoon visit the feeding station to see rehabilitate orangutans are given additional foods. Dinner and over night on the boat the river side. (B,L,D)
DAY 04 : PANGKALAN BUN – SURABAYA - PROBOLINGO
- In the appropriate time, transfer to the airport for our flights to Surabaya (East Java to do the mount bromo tours. Lunch en route. On arrival in Surabaya, then we will have are directly pick up by car and transfer directly to, hotel in Probolinggo. Afternoon we can ejoy the sunset of Bromo, Afternoon at leisure. Dinner at local restaurant.
DAY 05 : MOUNT BROMO TOUR
- Pick up at 3:30 am by 4×4 and taken to viewpoint. If we stay in Probolinggo, pick up will be at 1:30 am. Watch sunrise over Bromo and then trekking to the Bromo crater. Transfer to car for visit to Madakaripura Waterfall. Lunch en route. Afternoon return to hotel. Dinner. Overnight.
DAY 06 : PROBOLINGGO – SURABAYA – BALI
- Breakfast at resort and then prepare the trip return to Surabaya to get the flights to Bali. Free at leisure until the time to airport. Proceed to airport for fly to Bali in the noon time. Arrival in Bali and check in to hotel. (B)
DAY 07 : BALI - MAUMERE – MONI
- Upon arrival at Waioti Airport of Maumere, meeting service and followed with a transfer to Moni. Visit the villages of Wolowaru. Lio hill-tribes of Jopu and Ranggase, offers fine “Ikat” weaving. Dinner and overnight at Flores Sare Hotel (B,L,D)
DAY 08 : MONI – KELIMUTU – BAJAWA
- Early morning, drive up to the three-colored lake of Kelimutu, one of Indonesia's most mysterious and dramatic sights. The three lakes, set in deep craters at a height of 1’600 meters. Down road to Moni for breakfast. Continue to Ende for its traditional market. Lunch at a local restaurant, then to Nuabosi, offers wonderful views of the town and Ende Bay. Proceed to Bajawa with en route stop at Wogo village, which has a collection of rather neglected megaliths. (B,L,D) .
DAY 09 : BAJAWA – RUTENG - LABUAN BAJO
- Bajawa is located in the heart of Ngadha ethnic civilization, which is known for the megalithic cultures. There are traditional villages furnished with stone monuments, ancestor worship shrines and Adat Houses. The hamlets are beautifully settled in the volcanic mountainous area. The most beautiful ones are Wogo and Bena. Visit those villages and then drive to Ruteng for lunch. It is another beautiful driving day; you will pass the villages and rain forest. Afternoon proceed to Labuan Bajo. En route to Labuan Bajo stop at Cara village in Cancar area to see the unexposed world wonder - the Lingko - the spider web shaped rice fields. It is probably the only such a rice field ever exists on earth. Return to hotel.(B,L,D)
DAY 10 : LABUAN BAJO – KOMODO - LABUHAN BAJO
- Early in the morning sail to Komodo and then trek the trail to reach Banunggulung the former feeding ground to watch the Komodo Dragons. It is about two km for one-way walking. There is Komodo Nature Park Museum, take your chance to have a look. Then take boat to Bima. Lunch on board. Arrive in Bima late afternoon. (B,L,D)
DAY 11 : LABUHAN BAJO - BALI
- En route to the airport take a short sightseeing and visit Morning market of Labuhan Bajo, then fly to Bali. (B)
DAY 12 : BALI - MAKASSAR - TORAJA
- Breakfast at hotel, and the we fly from Bali to Makassar. Upon arrival Hasanuddin air port, we meet the driver and transfer in to Toraja highland. Our journey trough the picturesque landscape of south Sulawesi landscape. Lunch en route at Barru beach. Overnight at Rantepao. Rantepao is the entrance gate entering the many tourist objects in the area. It's a cool city approximately 800 m above sea level. (B,L,D)
DAY 13 : TORAJA TOUR
- Breakfast at hotel. And then we will visit to the royal family tombs at Suaya. The cliff side stone grave with wooden effigies ‘’tau - tau “ on the balcony at Lemo. The baby’s graves in the huge tree at Kambira. This way of tombs making is the only one in the archipelago, the Torajan do not bury their corps on earth, but on the stone hole, cave or alike. Before the died body placed in such place, it has to be put in the Tongkonan (the clan house) as they believe that, the died person would not leaving them as long as the body is still at home. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant with rice field side view. After lunch, we visit Londa, where we can see the natural burrial cave. And after that we are visits the Kete Kesu, a traditional wooden carving village and hanging grave. (B,L) .
DAY 14 : TORAJA TOUR
- Breakfast at hotel, and we visit Palawa, a village with the beautiful scenery of the Toraja family houses ' Tongkonan', and a number of buffalo’s horns decorated to the front of their houses. Sa’ dan To’Barana, the traditional cotton weaving village. And then drive up to Batutumonga, the highland area with the beautiful landscape of 1.355 meters high, which has temperature 17o C in the daytime and lunch will be served in here. Lo’ ko mata, the graves on the rocky slope, which mean, the hole of the grave seems like an eye. And then trekking from Pana to Tikala, more fascinating spot that can be seen along the way. Afternoon return to Rantepao to stay overnight. Dinner (B,L)
DAY 15 : TORAJA - MAKASSAR
- Drive back to Makassar through Pare Pare city, Lunc en route. Continue driving for more hours. Evening arrival in Manado and we are going to hotel in town near the Losari beach, dinner at local restaurant.
DAY 16 : MAKASSAR – NEXT DESTINATION
- Breakfast at hotel and transfer to the airport of Makassar.