BUNAKEN NATIONAL MARINE PARK
North Sulawesi is known as "The Land of Smiling People" and lies in the very epicenter of the world's marine biodiversity in the Indo-Pacific Ocean. The Bunaken National Marine Park was formally established in 1991 and was among the first of Indonesia's growing system of marine parks.
The park is just under 80,000 hectares of land (3%) and sea (97%), located at Manado Bay on Sulawesi sea in the province of North Sulawesi, Indonesia. It comprises the 5 main islands like Bunaken, Manado Tua, Siladen, Mantehage and Nain.
It is part of the Indo-Pacific region which supports the highest marine biodiversity on earth.
Bunaken National Marine Park Which was voted the global winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow Award in 2003. The amazing walls of the park with thousands of different fish species, with spectacular of clear waters, and more than 30 dives sites surround, number of fascinating critters.
The area offers :
- More than 100 different dive sites.
- Tropical marine life.
- Diving all year round.
- Direct flights from Singapore 3-4 times a week, depending on the season.
- Reachable from any other parts of Indonesia by Domestic flights.
There are three dive areas to choose from :
- Bunaken National Marine Park - which was voted the global winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow Award in 2003. The amazing walls of the park with thousands of different fish species, with spectacular of clear waters, and more than 30 dives sites surround, number of fascinating critters.
- Lembeh Strait - known as the world's best muck-diving. These waters are full of extraordinary marine critters, many of which are the masters of camouflage.
- Bangka Island - amazing soft corals and even more critters. In the Northern coast of the mainland between Bunaken and Lembeh you can find a group of tropical islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful coral reefs.
WHAT TO DO ?
DIVING AND SNORKELING
- :: DIVE SITES
- Mike's Point
- Paser Panjang
- Sachiko Point
- Bunaken Timur
- Tanjung Paser
- Muka Kampung
- Lekuan 1
- Lekuan 2
- Lekuan 3
- Celah Celah
- Alung Banua
- Ron's Point
- Raymond's Point
- Jalan Masuk
- Barracuda Point
- Beni's Point
- Muka Gereja
- Siladen Point
- :: MANADO DIVE SITE
- Molas Shipwreeck
- Black Rock.
- Tanjung Pisok
- We guarantee you leave North Sulawesi, rich with memorable experiences :
- Admire the steep coral walls of Bunaken National Marine Park.
- Explore the reefs in Bangka area.
- Dive in the enchanting world of nature's little wonders in Lembeh Strait.